Welcome back to my page!
Today I wanted to share about the new Morphe Holiday Collection palettes, as I’m sure all of you now know (this was released a week ago) that Morphe is now shipping to the UK! I’ve been stalking their website every week trying to convince myself that $34 is reasonable for $30 worth of palettes.. safe to say I did not order from the US and just my luck they announced their UK site.
First of all, I want to start with 15D Day Slayer! These colours are perfect for an everyday look, they’re warm (which is IDEAL for the winter months) but they’re also got a few glittery ones to spice it up a little. I’m utterly obsessed with ‘Editor’, ‘Highlight’ & ‘Glow’ which are colours I would most likely use every day!
Now to move on to 15N Night Master, this palette is perfect for those smoky evening vibes. I’ve got brown eyes for me the purple in the palette will make my eyes pop and give the perfect vampy smoky eye. I’m obsessed with the shades, ‘excuse me’, ‘va va boom’ & ‘shook’ though the last two are easy downplayed colours, ‘excuse me has one my heart with its pigment and colour.
Now, here is the important part… how do the products test?
- How do the swatches come out? I swatched ‘cliche’ and ‘in the crease’ which both came out quite faint at first, ideal if you like to build up your eyeshadow from light to heavy -for me I’d like a medium build so I can tone down or even add more for a more dramatic look.
- Is it powdery? I felt it was a perfect texture when swatching, didn’t have too much excess. I personally didn’t think it had a lot of fall back, but I know with Morphe they’re known for it so it’d make sure to remove any excess from the brush before application.
- How does it blend? Like a dream (I always find with Morphe they blend really well), especially as you can start from light and blend, as well as adding if you feel necessary.
- Would I buy this again? Most likely, the colours are lovely and definitely good for an evening look, most of my palettes are warms (yet I still bought day slayer – I do have an addiction) and I do not have a smoky palette, so I feel I will get a lot of use out of both of these palettes over the Christmas period.
- Rating? I feel for me I’d give this a 4/5, I love the colour shade range in both of the palettes (more so the Day Slayer palette) and I think if I can build and blend beautifully then I am sold.
I hope you all enjoyed my review of the Morphe Holiday Collection Day Slayer & Night Master palettes, please feel free to leave any comments below, I’d love to hear what you thought.